- Video Introduction of the New Aztec AMC Evaporative Cooling Air Turnover System
- Designing Data Centers as Thermos Bottles
- A New Video on YouTube Describing How the Aztec Evap System Works
- Aztec To Be In Capacity North America Exhibit Hall
- Virtual Reality
- A Simple Concept That Saves Big Dollars
- Indirect Evaporative Cooling Research Project Launched
- Canadian Patent Granted for Mestex Digital High Turndown Burner
- So You Think Your Critical HVAC System Is Reliable?
- Aztec Provides Fresh Air Intake Penthouses for Data Centers in Northwestern US
- Shading and Make-Up for Building Designers
- Credibility and Trust
- How I Spent My Summer Vacation
- Too Hot to Handle? A Simple Reminder.
- Preaching to the Choir
- Evaporative Cooling Anaysis for Data Modules in Two Diverse Climates
- Aztec Indirect Evaporative Cooling System on Display at DFW ASHRAE Golf Outing
- How We Used To Do It
- Air Pollution and HVAC
- Mestex, Division of Mestek YouTube Channel
- Aztec Evaporative Cooling for Data Centers at Data Center World
- Trane Division of Ingersoll-Rand in Lawsuit Over Wireless Technologies
- New BIM Objects From The Aztec Brand
- DOE Proposes Building Rating System
- The Importance of Correct Static Pressure for Direct Fired Make-Up Air Equipment
- Instant Online Document Lookup Using Microsoft Tags
- Do Evaporative Cooling Systems Use Too Much Water?
- Sustainability at Mestek Dallas
- Facebook Offers Their Outside Air Cooling Solution To All Data Center Owners
- Restaurant Energy Saving Idea That Can Be Used Anywhere
- Planning for Volatility
- Ever Wonder Where the Power Goes in a Data Center?
- ASHRAE TC 9.9 Expands Data Center Temperature Ranges Again
- Green Buildings Get Another Boost
- ASHRAE Show Report
- The Story of SHR or Why My Classroom is Stuffy
- CFD, Air Turnover, and the Pharmaceutical Industry
- It is not sustainable if it is not maintainable... or if it breaks down
- Accounting Rule Change Might Impact HVAC
- Reduce electrical demand load with an Aztec indirect evaporative cooling unit
- Lower Cost of Ownership with the Applied Air FAP
- Everything You Want to Know in a Flash
- Data Centers and Evaporative Cooling Webinar August 23
- New "Green" Product Announcement
- DDC Application Case Studies
- PowerPoint showing the importance of gas pressure, static pressure, and voltage
- Webinar: 'The Importance of Correct Gas Pressure, E.S.P. and Voltage'
- An Old Solution to a New Problem
This past week I was able to participate in the GreenBuild conference in Toronto. This was my first opportunity to attend and I have come away with a few impressions.
First, I was surprised at the sheer size of the exhibit area. The Metro Toronto exhibit hall is quite large and split into two sections spanning the CN Rail lines in downtown Toronto. Both sections were completely full with exhibits for everything from flooring to roofing and everything in between. All exhibitors promoted the "green" or "sustainable" aspects of their products...even if those aspects might not have been obvious on first or even second thought. In addition to the three Mestek HVAC product booths the exhibit area included product displays from most of the major north American HVAC manufacturers.
The HVAC equipment companies, as well as many of the lighting and appliance companies, shared one common thread. That is the emphasis on the "man-machine interface"...how the user interacts with the equipment for control or information. Touch screen displays were everywhere providing access to virtual control points and providing occupant feedback on temperatures and, most importantly, energy utilization. The degree of sophistication of the displays varied but the message was the same...in order to conserve energy people must have some sense of how much they are using. It goes back to the old saying that "you can't manage what you can't measure". The use of energy metrics have been proven to change occupant behavior and the HVAC industry is stepping up to help with that effort.
Mestex started our efforts in that regard several years ago with our Adaptaire DDC control system and we currently provide basic control and trending information via the Internet. More developments are underway to further enhance the user feedback and help focus their attention on conservation of our energy resources.
Mestex has been providing this open protocol system for almost 10 years and has successfully integrated with virtually every other major control protocol on the market. This has allowed building owners to gain visibility into the various Mestex brand products through their own building automation system in order to provide a richer set of points for monitoring and control.