- Video Introduction of the New Aztec AMC Evaporative Cooling Air Turnover System
- Designing Data Centers as Thermos Bottles
- A New Video on YouTube Describing How the Aztec Evap System Works
- Aztec To Be In Capacity North America Exhibit Hall
- A Simple Concept That Saves Big Dollars
- Indirect Evaporative Cooling Research Project Launched
- Canadian Patent Granted for Mestex Digital High Turndown Burner
- So You Think Your Critical HVAC System Is Reliable?
- Aztec Provides Fresh Air Intake Penthouses for Data Centers in Northwestern US
- Shading and Make-Up for Building Designers
- Credibility and Trust
- How I Spent My Summer Vacation
- Too Hot to Handle? A Simple Reminder.
- Preaching to the Choir
- Evaporative Cooling Anaysis for Data Modules in Two Diverse Climates
- Aztec Indirect Evaporative Cooling System on Display at DFW ASHRAE Golf Outing
- How We Used To Do It
- Air Pollution and HVAC
- Mestex, Division of Mestek YouTube Channel
- Aztec Evaporative Cooling for Data Centers at Data Center World
- GreenBuild Toronto
- Trane Division of Ingersoll-Rand in Lawsuit Over Wireless Technologies
- New BIM Objects From The Aztec Brand
- DOE Proposes Building Rating System
- The Importance of Correct Static Pressure for Direct Fired Make-Up Air Equipment
- Instant Online Document Lookup Using Microsoft Tags
- Do Evaporative Cooling Systems Use Too Much Water?
- Sustainability at Mestek Dallas
- Facebook Offers Their Outside Air Cooling Solution To All Data Center Owners
- Restaurant Energy Saving Idea That Can Be Used Anywhere
- Planning for Volatility
- Ever Wonder Where the Power Goes in a Data Center?
- ASHRAE TC 9.9 Expands Data Center Temperature Ranges Again
- Green Buildings Get Another Boost
- ASHRAE Show Report
- The Story of SHR or Why My Classroom is Stuffy
- CFD, Air Turnover, and the Pharmaceutical Industry
- It is not sustainable if it is not maintainable... or if it breaks down
- Accounting Rule Change Might Impact HVAC
- Reduce electrical demand load with an Aztec indirect evaporative cooling unit
- Lower Cost of Ownership with the Applied Air FAP
- Everything You Want to Know in a Flash
- Data Centers and Evaporative Cooling Webinar August 23
- New "Green" Product Announcement
- DDC Application Case Studies
- PowerPoint showing the importance of gas pressure, static pressure, and voltage
- Webinar: 'The Importance of Correct Gas Pressure, E.S.P. and Voltage'
- An Old Solution to a New Problem
In recent days a company created a virtual world that showed the application of a real world product. In their case the real world product was firearms. The object of the game was basically to kill as many of your enemies as possible using a firearm of choice. I will not go into the sociopolitical discussion of whether or not this is a good thing. It was financially successful for the company to develop, so from their perspective I’m sure it is considered a success.
My company also creates virtual worlds that show the application of real world products. In our case the real world products are heating, air conditioning, and ventilation products. The object of our virtual world is to improve comfort and in some cases actually save lives.
In our business the control of temperature and air is what our products are intended to do. The problem is that air is invisible. So how can we know in advance that our products will make someone comfortable or prevent a drug from becoming unusable or even dangerous. The way we do this is by creating a virtual world.
In our business we use software called CFD, “Computational Fluid Dynamics”, to create virtual buildings filled with equipment, storage racks, and temperature sensitive products. After this model is created we then create virtual HVAC equipment. This virtual equipment is modeled after our real equipment. These HVAC units are then positioned where we believe they will produce the best results. Many times our experience provides the best result. However, sometimes the application is more difficult. In those cases we let the computer determine the best location and best characteristics of our product in order to provide the best result.
This process can sometimes take several days but the end result is a building that performs the way that it was intended to perform. And when that happens, occupants are more comfortable or temperature sensitive drugs continue to be stored at the proper temperature.
Virtual worlds can be created for many different reasons. We have chosen to create virtual worlds that provide great benefit to mankind.